Volunteer Victim Advocate
P.O. Box 1329
Duluth, GA 30096
Volunteer Advocate Job Description
Job Title Volunteer Advocate
Volunteer Advocates are required to complete a 30-hour training program prior to providing any direct victim service.
Volunteer Advocates are expected to cover at least three shifts per month and commit to a minimum of one year.
Qualifications All volunteers must:
• Be at least 19 years of age.
• Complete the application process (application, interview, background check & reference check).
• Maintain current, active Georgia driver’s license and maintain automobile insurance as required by Georgia law.
• Successfully complete the 30-hour GSAC-CAC Direct Service Volunteer Training Program.
• Maintain client service skills with minimum 10 continuing advocacy education hours each year. • Sign annual direct service volunteer contract and agreements.
• Take scheduled “on-call” shifts 3 times a month (minimum).
• Respond to our 24-hour crisis line and provide crisis intervention, resources and referrals to victims of sexual assault.
• Provide direct advocacy (as defined by the Victims of Crime Act) support for victims and families victimized by incidents of sexual assault in a timely and effective fashion. Assist all victims with information and preparation of Georgia Crime Victims Compensation applications.
• Respond to acute forensic medical exams.
• Accompany victim and/or family through the medical exam process, provide emotional support, and answer any questions the victims/families may have.
• Provide advocacy/intervention plans including appropriate referrals utilizing GSAC pre-approved referral resources. Provide victim and/or guardian with Client Information Folder (GSAC brochures, counseling referrals, Georgia Crime Victim’s Compensation Program Application).
• Assist the “on-call” SART Coordinator with any additional tasks when necessary.
• Attend all training programs and scheduled SARTY meetings to maintain working knowledge of all aspects of GSAC-CAC client services and protocols.
• Assist and participate in all GSAC fundraising, community outreach and prevention activities, and/or professional programs, as available. • Comply with GSAC policies pertaining to GSAC internet access and use.
• Maintain regular communications with Volunteer Coordinator and/or other staff personnel regarding oncall shifts, scheduling, and all aspects of case management.
• Maintain confidentiality as it relates to all victim services provided at GSAC-CAC.
• Comply with all GSAC-CAC policies and procedures.
Please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the resume is received, we will send you an application.